International Health, Safety & Environmental Risk Management
Stephen Sayle is a Serial Entrepreneur who has worked from the Maritimes to the Middle East and most places in between. Stephen is the CEO and Co-Founder of SayleGroup Inc & SayleSafety Inc as well as the brains behind the Inspectify Software. He can transition from an offshore platform to the C-Suite in under 30 seconds. Stephen is the ‘go-to’ international Health, Safety & Environment risk management professional in offshore and onshore industries.
Cool things about Stephen:
- Has a Masters in Marine Management from Dalhousie
- Named Most Promising Start-Up by the Atlantic Canada Aerospace & Defense Association in 2018
- On request from his kids, Stephen authored and published the children’s trilogy book series “Cam & Zara the Travel Bugs”
Area of expertise: Occupational Hygiene
Don Fillion is often referred to as a ‘Hygiene Genius’. That is because Don is a triple threat – A Certified Industrial Hygienist and a Certified Occupational Hygienist with a CRSP designation.
He built a successful consulting practice, Western Health and Safety, over the last 15 years by going after projects that no one figured he should have. Never underestimate Don!
- Provided walk through assessments for BC Hydro during the initial phases of construction to prepare a Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment to potential chemical hazards during the construction of REV 5 and Mica 5/6
- Manages large-scale lead abatement projects at former firing ranges and schools
- Don’s Mom told him as a teenager that no one was going to call him and give him a job. He has proved her wrong over 8000 times
Area of expertise: Logistics, Film & Events
Bruce Hennel is our version of the Wizard from the Wizard of OZ. Bruce is a Production Manager by trade who works behind the scenes on live events and screen based productions to ensure that logistics are operating smoothly (if they aren’t he makes sure that no one notices – pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!). If you think you can’t solve a problem, ask Bruce, he will find you a creative solution.
Completed any and all training around Covid Compliance that was offered in the last year Production Manager for events like: Grey Cup Festivals, Juno Awards, Just For Laughs and every social event for his large extended family
- His favorite people call him “Brucey”…but you can call him Bruce
Area of expertise: Health & Safety Professional
Nicole Orr is the ultimate Swiss Army Knife of Health and Safety Professionals. Nicole is one neat little package that has the tools to – advise senior leadership of large organizations, instruct health and safety practitioners and professionals and investigate serious and fatality incidents. She is in it to help organizations thrive rather than simply survive.
Created Safety Management Systems for not one, not two but three multi-billion-dollar projects Chairs the OHS Practice Review Committee for the Alberta Society of Health & Safety Professionals
- Had talks with SONY to join a “Spice Girls” ensemble while living in Tokyo… she turned it all down to pursue her dream career in OHS
Area of expertise: Health, Safety and Emergency Services
Rocco Meraglia is our ‘action hero’ of health, safety, and emergency services implementation and our presence on the West Coast. He never does anything small or halfway. Rocco has worked on some of the largest projects in the world including Ground Zero, Katrina Relief efforts, the Ekati & Diavik Diamond Mines to name a few. Not only can he do it…think Fire Fighter, Water, High Angle and Mine Rescue, Aeronautical Radio Operator…he can also instruct while he is at it.
Cool things about Rocco:
- Has conducted over 500 (…and counting) high potential root cause analysis incident investigations
- Managed security evacuation of project personnel during labour and political unrest in Madagascar
- Learned how to make an outstanding risotto alla milanese from his Nonna
Area of expertise: Organizational Management & Training
- Produced AFTERMATH of a workplace accident – an innovative online program for Safety Leadership with David Myrol
- Venue Producer at five Olympic Games (and counting)
- Taught herself to be a ‘Sport and Event DJ’ because…there was no one else and it had to be done
Area of expertise: Health & Safety Professional
Greg Onions is our Safety Sensei because he is a skilled master in high stakes safety and survival training. He has dunked execs from the Super Majors to Canadian Space Agency astronauts – and they always come back up…smiling. His unique experience and approach to training and project management is equivalent to a black belt in OHS (if there was one)
- Managed the build, commissioning and operation of a multi-million dollar survival training theatre in NL for the Atlantic offshore industry
- Project managed international training campaigns and standards approvals in six different countries
- When he was 15 years old he encountered a wild polar bear on a 35 day canoe trip in northern Manitoba
Area of expertise: Business Development
Jeff Lecuyer is our north star for Business Development. Jeff intended to be a ‘science guy’ and ended up being really great at business strategy, sales, marketing, workforce training, and competency. Jeff waxes philosophical and says, ‘The heart wants what it wants.’
Drove over $15M in revenues when he managed the corporate training program for SAIT Polytechnic Started his own consulting business on the same day the pandemic hit mainstream media (just a coincidence) Takes the ‘road less travelled’ through North America astride his motorcycle whenever he can get away
Area of expertise: OHS Law
David Myrol is one of the foundational names in OHS law in Canada. He has been at the forefront of its development for over 20 years and has gained a wealth of experience prosecuting and defending OHS cases. He is a practicing member of four different law societies in Canada, regularly voted as one of Canada’s Best Lawyers since 2008, has been awarded an AV Preeminent designation from Martindale-Hubbell which is the highest designation given by them, he has been voted as one of the most outstanding lawyers by in-house counsel for the Acritas Stars database, and was recently awarded a 5-Star designation from OHS professionals in a survey conducted by OHS Canada. David sits on the Board of Directors for National Safety, he is the President of the LBI Capital Group, and a senior partner in a large regional law firm.
Cool things about David:
- Earned his Executive MBA from the Haskayne School of Business in 2016
- Completed the Institute of Corporate Director’s Program in 2020
- Won the Businessman’s Wild Cow Riding Event at an Alberta Rodeo in 1993
Follow us on social media
© Copyright 2021 National Safety | All Rights Reserved